Friday, January 21, 2011

I know, I know...its been years!



Im so sorry! Im very lazy and not very good at sticking to things am I? Well, here we go again! Quick update. Sofia is now 6 and 3 quarters and Luca is now 5. Both are at Mendlesham primary school full time and doing really well. Its such a lovely school with only 3 classes and round about 60 children. The teachers are all very friendly and the school is a really happy place. Both are doing great at reading and are both ahead for their ages. Sofia is in year 2 but already tackling year 3 work.

I have landed myself a lovely little job cleaning the small hall and large hall. I only have to do the loos and kitchen and have a quick dust round. The small hall is used as the preschool 5 days a week and the large hall is used by the school and also hired out for other events. Its not a hard job and I get school holidays off and I also get paid for them ! The small amount I earn is really helping us out.

I have also made some lovely friends here in the village. Jo is a great friend to me . Her kids are slightly younger then mine and she is also younger then me but we seem to get on really well and help each other out with child care as she also works part time. Sharon is a great neighbour and we manage to have plenty of coffes together! Also we go for long bike rides in the summer. Talking of which, I cant wait for the weather to start to get better. I need to get out in the garden and have a big clear up. Sofia wants to grow flowers this year but also I will be planting tomatoe plants as the chutney I made went down a storm in the village!

Some people might find it hard living in such a small community but after living in the city I find it so much better. I have more friends here who I can count on then I ever had in Norwich! Everyone say hello when they walk past, some stop for a chat. You can be as little or as much involved in village life as you want. I have helped out at the school christmas play by serving the teas, coffes and mulled wine and also made cakes for the numurous sales that take place.

Thats all for now. I will try to keep this up. I dont even know if anyone ever reads it !

No comments: